Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US PASGT vest, OD

Article about: I did not know where else to post this, so I shall drop this here, if a mod sees this belongs somewhere else, go ahead So this is my OD PASGT vest I bought at the beginning of the year. To m

Default US PASGT vest, OD

I did not know where else to post this, so I shall drop this here, if a mod sees this belongs somewhere else, go ahead

So this is my OD PASGT vest I bought at the beginning of the year. To my knowledge, this being the OD version it was used at least by the Navy, the Stock No. is 8470-01-092-8499. It has the initials "H.H" on the inside. It is in a pretty good condition, no wear at all and the owners booklet is still in the pocket on the inside, it has no name or marking whatsoever, so I believe this vest might be reissued.
    It still has the kevlar inside and the first thing that comes to mind is one of those sheets they put over you when you get an x-ray.
    As an interesting note, I have seen pictures of finnish peacekeepers wearing a OD PASGT vest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US PASGT vest, OD   US PASGT vest, OD  

US PASGT vest, OD   US PASGT vest, OD  

US PASGT vest, OD  
    Last edited by Poromies; 05-20-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: US PASGT vest, OD

Anyone? I am still a little unsure of how to get a date of manufacture out of this thing?

?

Does it have a DLA100 -- -- number on it someplace?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

No, but on the bottomt of the label where all the other stuff reads is a small area blacked out with a marker.

?

First made in the early 1980's it would seem. You would need that missing DLA number for the exact date of manufacture.
    U.S. Military Body Armor PASGT

The inked out part was probably a name, I have seen that a lot on British surplus clothing and helmets.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

The inked out part is just the part below the "Ground troops" text, where the DLA number is, dang