Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US vietnam gas-mask

Article about: hi can some nice forum member please tell me which US GAS MASK is correct for the vietnam period is it the M9A1 or the M17A1 or M17A2 cheers dave.

Default US vietnam gas-mask

hi can some nice forum member please tell me which US GAS MASK is correct for the vietnam period is it the M9A1 or the M17A1 or M17A2 cheers dave.

Default Re: US vietnam gas-mask

The M9 was used at the beginning of the Vietnam War, but was soon replaced by the M17, m17A1 and XM28 Gas Masks.

Thanks

Danny

cheers dan havn't heard of the XM28 masks have to look um up,all the best dave.

I think it would have been the M17. The M17A1 and A2 were later versions.

- - Updated - -

lol, everyone responded before mine finished posting even

?

Now you've done it Dave. I just realized that I don't have one of those.
    Oh well, eBay USA here I come....Again!

Best Regards,

Andy.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Now you've done it Dave. I just realized that I don't have one of those.
    Oh well, eBay USA here I come....Again!

Best Regards,

Andy.
    leave something for me andy,you stick to those nice M1'S your doing so well with,and leave NAM gear to me(only kidding mate)they do look cool with the M1 mitchell lids,all the best dave.

NCA
    ?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    The M9 was used at the beginning of the Vietnam War, but was soon replaced by the M17, m17A1 and XM28 Gas Masks.

Thanks

Danny
    When exactly was the m17a1 introduced?
    And the xm28...id like to show some pics of mine but i fear i may never get it back in the carrier again!!

By the way OP, no need to go on ebay us..try rolling thunder supply shack.

I'm not too sure when it was introduced, but I think it wasn't that long after the M17.... I'll double check though as I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks

Danny

I think it might have been around '86/'87. I went through basic in '84 and we still had M17s in training. I remmeber how they told us to take a drink while wearing it, unscrew your canteen, take a deep breath, break the seal, spill water over the mouth of the canteen, drink and re-seal. When I was in Germany in '88 we wear issued new masks with the drinking straw and canteens with new covers to insert the straw. wow, I just made myself feel old lol

does anybody know what year the m3 replaced by the m9 please or was this designated the m4 of which ive heard were reworked m2's its all a bit confusing
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast