Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USAAF Life Vest

Article about: These are beautiful vests, i love these. Great find, thanks for sharing. Nuno

Default USAAF Mae West Vest

Picked this up at a flea market.

USAAF Life VestUSAAF Life VestUSAAF Life VestUSAAF Life VestUSAAF Life VestUSAAF Life VestUSAAF Life VestUSAAF Life VestUSAAF Life Vest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Life Vest  
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 04-28-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Default Re: USAAF Life Vest

You did well I love those vest. Looks like some of the Dye leaked out on it. I also like the leather...

Mae West was named a veteran of vaudeville and Broadway. She made her first movie and immediately became a national sex symbol when she was nearly 40. With her hourglass figure, saucy double-entendres, and sinful saunter on five-inch heels, she was a natural bombshell. During World War II, Allied soldiers called their inflatable life jackets "Mae West" in honor of West's famously buxom figure.FYI.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

It's funny because when I was looking at it a guy walked by and said "wow a Mae West" and kept walking.

I also got these ration stamps from the same vendor. Not a high dollar items but I thought they were cool because they have local addresses for then recipient.
    USAAF Life Vest

Great vest very collectable ,I also got one from Normandy dated 1944.
    They are pricey so take care of it.
    I always call them Mae Vest .
    chris

?

Nice find! I never really find anything cool at local flea markets/yard sales, sadly

Nice vest I only have a repro since they are generally expensive as chris said.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Nice find! I never really find anything cool at local flea markets/yard sales, sadly
    I'll yell ya Bill, this flea market was a total bust until the last aisle. A few vendors had some items that were at inflated prices. The guy that had this had a lot of Militaria but at rather reasonable prices. I think he just wanted to get rid of the stuff. I intended to buy just the leggings for my WWI uniforms, but something told me to get the vest.

Nice group mate, they look great. You should make a late war bomber crew impression with a mannequin now

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Nice group mate, they look great. You should make a late war bomber crew impression with a mannequin now
    Are you kidding?! I spend enough time and money on helmets. Don't need to be jumping into bomber crews lol. :P

Very nice score! Can' t see the manufacturing year and the AN Contract stamp, still all good.
    Thank you for posting.

Best regards,
    Taka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast