Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

USAAF Vest Survival C1

Article about: Here's one I've had for a very long time, archive shots! I plan to locate this one in the ugly room (bit of luck) over the weekend as I haven't played with it for years! Only have a couple o

Very nice C-1. Around 15 years ago my Brother found one complete with everything. He passed from Lou Gehrig's disease 2 years ago. He had a wonderful collection of WW2 Army Air Corps Items..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Cheers Bill,
    Sorry for your loss Mate!
    Your Brother's C1 would have been a fun thing to explore.
    Thank You for chiming in.

?

Firstly, and most importantly, I would like to add my sympathy to Rene’s, Bill.

Secondly, I think I’m right in saying the filled pockets were lightly tacked closed with a few red cotton stitches (as with the parachute), as a tamper indicator...

Bob

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Firstly, and most importantly, I would like to add my sympathy to Rene’s, Bill.

Secondly, I think I’m right in saying the filled pockets were lightly tacked closed with a few red cotton stitches (as with the parachute), as a tamper indicator...

Bob
    I think you could be right there Bob

?

Very nice a while back I purchased about 50 cans of the insect repellent for these vest, not easy to find

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2