Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC M1 carbine ammo belt

Article about: These are special purpose made for the USMC, specifically for the M1 carbine. The belts were special purpose with snap catches installed on the belt to hold 5 US carbine snap mounted M1 carb

Default USMC M1 carbine ammo belt

These are special purpose made for the USMC, specifically for the M1 carbine. The belts were special purpose with snap catches installed on the belt to hold 5 US carbine snap mounted M1 carbine pouches for additional ammunition during the island hopping campaign. I am sharing since they are not often seen and may be educational. All opinions are welcome.
    John

USMC M1 carbine ammo beltUSMC M1 carbine ammo beltUSMC M1 carbine ammo beltUSMC M1 carbine ammo belt
    Last edited by Rescue190; 04-23-2018 at 12:32 PM.

that is very cool I like pto items and have never seen one of these.

Very nice soldier customization.

These were contract made for the USMC and not a theater made item.
    John

I've also heard these were used to strap explosive charges together. Any thoughts on this?

G'day John,
    For me this is a strange item to have been USMC contract made! I have no reference of such in my library, have you any reference? Also I think USMC M1 carbine contract made pouches differ to the Army types but I stand to be corrected. Pictured center I think is a USMC M1 carbine pouch (marked USMC on rear) but again I could be wrong
    Last edited by reneblacky; 04-23-2018 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added pic

I have not looked for documentation before but I have ran across these quite a few times over the years. I also discussed this with the Camp Ripley museum curator and another avid military collector. Both stated these were a contracted item. The belt is special purchase with five retainer snaps installed to accept the snap type ammo pouch. All the belts I have seen have had the same snap installed on the belt. I am assuming the contract would have been for the belt only as any snap type pouch will fit on the belt They are variations in the snap type pouches from early to late production and a lot of different makers. I do no believe the USMC marked pouches were any different than the other pouches. You will find the belts on eBay and IMI sells the reproduction belts.
    John

Eagle Mountain is correct that the belt also had another use as it was planned to place M7 anti tank mines around the waist as well.. See the link below to see the belt and pouches in their carrying configuration. I did some research for a forum member and located said belt and mine pouches in one of my reference books.. Look through the topic post and you will see the belt, pouches and the reference material I used to answer the members questions.. (My handle is the same on the other US forum Rakkasan187)

Smitty

M7 Anti Tank Mine Belt - CRAIG PICKRALL FIELD & PERSONAL GEAR SECTION - U.S. Militaria Forum

Thank you for posting the information Smitty. I did not know of their existence. Interesting thread.
    John

John,

Your most welcome.. I enjoy reading your topics and posts...

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast