Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

USMC Map Case

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this up on my antiquing adventures yesterday. This one comes with a story. I walked into a rather large antique mall and saw this sitting under the chair of the man in char

Default USMC Map Case

Hi guys,

I picked this up on my antiquing adventures yesterday. This one comes with a story. I walked into a rather large antique mall and saw this sitting under the chair of the man in charge of the place. I spotted it and asked him if it was for sale. It is named, unit marked, and dated 1944.

"Uh, yea, I suppose it could be."

Finding a bag of 20 or so modern military patches inside I asked him if they came with it.

"Nope, those are mine. I'm going to sew them all over the outside. I can get three times as much from some teenage girl looking for a retro purse."

I asked him if he was serious.

"Yeppers."

I told him I would give him $20 if he would allow me to rescue it.

"Sure! Saves me the hassle of havin' to do all this work! heh heh"

I took the bag, calmly told it that everything was going to be O.K., brought it home, and put it up with its new family.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Map Case   USMC Map Case  

USMC Map Case   USMC Map Case  

Default Re: USMC Map Case

Another good rescue, are you gonna let the kitten live in it? Lol.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Another good rescue, are you gonna let the kitten live in it? Lol.
    I don't know, I might glue a bunch of SS insignia and Boy Scout patches all over it and make it my new man purse!

Gotta look hip these days, you know.

wow it kills me how unknowledgable people are some times when it comes to military items other then medals !! i think good sir should get the forums life saver of the award year you seem to be saving everything !! congrats

USMC map cases are getting harder to come by, this one looks like has uncommon maker stamp .
    A fantastic rescue, congrats!

Regards,
    Taka