MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.

Article about: Was at a estate sale today picked up this belt and journal. Along with a white pillowcase I believe. In the journal it has him talking about being attacked by two Japanese planes. I still ha

?

Default USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.

Was at a estate sale today picked up this belt and journal. Along with a white pillowcase I believe. In the journal it has him talking about being attacked by two Japanese planes. I still have to read more it's very hard to read some of it got wet that's why the family sold it. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.   USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.  

USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.   USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.  

USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.   USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.  

This is awesome! I’ve never even heard of a floating belt. Do you know if it was used in the pacific theater for pilots or Navy men on the war ships, carriers, etc? I’m fascinated by this!

Unteroffizer Klaus (Liam)

?

If you ever watched Saving Private Ryan the guys are wearing them on the D-Day invasion. Lots of sailors and soldiers wore them .

I watched Saving Private Ryan about 2 years ago, but I never pay so much attention to that type of thing unless it is a documentary, pictures, or even documents. I guess I should pay more attention to things, still a great find in my opinion as I have never seen one before.

Unteroffizer Klaus (Liam)

?

A few photos of it in use. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.   USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.  

?

Another part of the Journal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USN m1926 inflatable flotation belt and Journal.  

Great looking flotation belt.. I was given one several years ago by a fellow firefighter that knew of my interests.. Great addition for your collection Gary..

The journal sounds interesting. With some luck you may be able to transcribe it..

Several years ago I purchased the dragon software that converts voice recognized data into word documents. I purchased this when I was transcribing V-mail letters and other correspondence..

I am now in the process of doing this with a fighter pilots letters from his induction into the army through basic flight training to combat in WW2 and then into Korea where he shot down a Mig fighter and he was forced to bail out after his F-86 flamed out after debris from the Mig went through his intake... Well over 500 letters in this lot.. It could make a very interesting book when complete..

Smitty

?

Very cool Smitty. I can rwad most of it but some of it got wet and it washed the ink out . but what I can make out is incredible to read. This guy waa there and lived it ands came home .Gary

Fantastic piece of kit and I wish I had one for myself! quite a lot of drownings occurred due to these being worn as a belt and not under the armpits

?

Thanks Rene I didn't expect to find one thw other day but you never know what is hid away in somebody's attic. Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast