Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)

Article about: Good morning gents I would like to show you a little more P-37 web gear these are some of the variations of the Haversack shoulder straps (L-straps) I have in my collection they are all war

?

Default Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)

Good morning gents I would like to show you a little more P-37 web gear these are some of the variations of the Haversack shoulder straps (L-straps) I have in my collection they are all war time manufactured and nicely maker marked and either stamped with the C-Broad arrow or Broad arrow.
    There are slight differences to the construction dependent on the manufacturer and revisions that were made during the war ie... construction Technic and sewing patterns I wont go in to the details and will let the photos do the talking.
    A couple of things to take note of though there is one short strap in the images below and you will notice that one bares the letter R this of course indicates that the strap is to be used on the right hand side of the webbing .
    If any one else has any variations of the P-37 shoulder straps please feel free to show them thanks for looking any and all comments welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)   Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)  

Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)   Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)  

Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)   Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)  

Last edited by Mark K; 03-15-2013 at 03:01 AM.

?

Default Re: Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)

Have two sets myself, will post pictures later, are the blackened ones wartime dated?

?

Default Re: Variations of the P-37 Shoulder straps (L-straps)

Hi Nitram please post them if you can
    As to the P-37 webbing being blackened this was done during WWII and post war by Canadians and Brits alike and I have heard some good discussion here on the forum concerning this very question.
    (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equip...bing-113677-3/)
    When trying to date them much of it will be of course dependent on the webbing,the means in which it was blackened, ie..shoe polish,blanco or dye and then there may still always be a question mark hanging over them as to exactly when they were blackened which can make them controversial.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 03-15-2013 at 02:38 PM.