Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very Odd Double C-/l\ Marking

Article about: Canadian "Sold Out Of Service" marks, here is others..i collect Enfields so i assume its called the same for all surplus Sold Out of Service Marking

?

Default Very Odd Double C-/l\ Marking

Morning gents I have come upon a 41 dated gas mask bag and mask for sale but what caught my eye was the double C-/l\ stamp on the bag and as I have never seen this done in this configuration before I thought it may be worthy of some further discussion has any one else ever seen any field gear that bares this particular type of double stamp?

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Odd Double C-/l\ Marking   Very Odd Double C-/l\ Marking  

?

Two Broad Arrows point to point usually means the item is to disposed of as surplus. In this case, I am not sure.....

Quote by USNV5 View Post
    Two Broad Arrows point to point usually means the item is to disposed of as surplus. In this case, I am not sure.....
    That is how I think of this marking, but not seen it quite like this before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I have never seen this configuration before and the broad arrows look quite odd to me for Canadian.

Regards Mark

As previously stated, indicates disposed of as surplus.

?

Thanks gents I must live a sheltered life I have never seen any field gear stamped as such before.

Regards Mark

?

The Members here are correct, 2 Broad Arrows point to point mean that the item was sold off as surplus, however I have never seen one done like that before.
    Hope you bought it, for the mark if nothing else.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Gentlemen I have seen the arrow to arrow mark before but never in this configuration with the C broad arrow found it rather unusual.
    Not yet Dean it is on E-bay couple hours to go yet just wanted a little input from the membership before I throw a bid at it.

Regards Mark

?

Hey Mark,

I have seen this stamp before on Canadian waterbottle carriers as well as a Canadian officer's valise that I used to own...

Hope this helps!

?

Thanks Michael I am assuming then this must be the Canadian variation of the surplus mark as seen on surplus items from other commonwealth countries.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast