MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage Naval buckle

Article about: Hello, please help to identify the buckle, crown approximately produced George III 1760-1820 William IV 1830-1837. UK, most likely from the belt, I would like to know the approximate cost. T

Default Vintage Naval buckle

Hello, please help to identify the buckle, crown approximately produced George III 1760-1820 William IV 1830-1837. UK, most likely from the belt, I would like to know the approximate cost. Thank you in advance, sincerely, Alexander.

foto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vintage Naval buckle   Vintage Naval buckle  

anybody else thinks? The entire Internet has changed nothing

the Royal Navy.

I'll go with what Harry said!...

help, everywhere is silent

silent

Hi Alexander, I advise patience. However, I doubt you will get much more info here. This item is really outside the remit of the forum as we are really WW2 orientated.

I cannot help sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Alexander, I advise patience. However, I doubt you will get much more info here. This item is really outside the remit of the forum as we are really WW2 orientated.

I cannot help sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Alexander,

Nice piece you have there

Ade is quite right. As this is clearly much earlier than WWII not many of us here will have the knowledge you seek. So, as well as asking the right question you have to ask it in the right place

For my part my interest in militaria does extend far beyond WWII but the further it is from WWII the weaker my knowledge becomes. However, I am sure that this is a Royal Navy sword belt buckle and you are probably correct about the period although it may be as late as Georgian.

You could try asking at The National Museum of the Royal Navy;

Collections and Historical Enquiries | Contact Details | Royal Naval Museum at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

It is located in the Historic Dockyard in Portsmouth UK where HMS Victory, HMS Warrior and the Mary Rose amongst other attractions are to be seen. So if you ever get the chance to visit don't miss it.

I expect that if you write to the museum from the perspective of research they should be able to help. I would suggest you do not ask about value unless they mention it as they will just think you are trying to get a free valuation

There is also a fairly large permanent militaria market here with several dealers under one roof so you might ask there but remember this is a money making business not a museum

Antiques Storehouse: Contact

I hope this helps and please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Mark

Thank You, Mark. It's hard not knowing English search in the UK. I will try to write to the Museum to find out information. With Russia we should go there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast