Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Weird black painted post war P37 belt

Article about: I bought this a while back when I fist started collecting. I needed a webbing belt to Finnish off my webbing set for a display, And I somehow found this one. At that point I just thought tha

Default Weird black painted post war P37 belt

I bought this a while back when I fist started collecting. I needed a webbing belt to Finnish off my webbing set for a display, And I somehow found this one. At that point I just thought that it was just a variant of some sort, possibly Canadian made and I left it at that.but looking at it now I can't make much out from the Markings, but due to the overall condition I'm fairly sure this is post war made, but as I said I understand there were many different manufactures of these belts. The belt itself is still made of the same canvassy material, but the fixings obviously look a bit different, they don't feel like they are made of brass, and have been painted black. To me it looks like this has been done on the production line, as am not sure why anybody would do this otherwise. That's all I can say about the item. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks Stan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weird black painted post war P37 belt   Weird black painted post war P37 belt  

Weird black painted post war P37 belt   Weird black painted post war P37 belt  

These are Post war 1950's era. Yours is 53 dated. These were made like this for better camo non reflective finish.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the information. that makes a lot of sense, I suppose these would have just been worn in combat orders or whatever, and brass ones would have still been used for drill ?

These Bonderised steel versions were general issue.

But I am sure many would have used ones with brass fittings for walking out.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!