Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Weird military-looking light fixture

Article about: This was in a militaria collection and looks at least vaguely military, obviously a five-socket light fixture. I have no idea of the nationality or anything else, though the preponderance of

JKK
    ?

Default Weird military-looking light fixture

This was in a militaria collection and looks at least vaguely military, obviously a five-socket light fixture. I have no idea of the nationality or anything else, though the preponderance of the collection is Allied, so I hope this is the right place. Hope someone might know!

Weird military-looking light fixture

You're havin' a larf ain't 'cha....? That ain't a light fitting, anyone can see it's a hubcap off a Mercedes G4....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

JKK
    ?

I'm so ignorant of both Mercedes G4s and light fittings that I can't even know if you're joking, but I can at least tell you I honestly thought it was some sort of light fixture. But if that's a comically dumb guess on my part, then I'll take whatever ribbing I've earned (especially if I find out what it actually is).

Quote by big ned View Post
    You're havin' a larf ain't 'cha....? That ain't a light fitting, anyone can see it's a hubcap off a Mercedes G4....
    C'mon Ned anybody can see it's a light fitting from Guest House Paradiso, Mercedes my ar*e!...

A nice art deco ceiling light fixture...it must have looked magnificent when it was new and complete. I'm not seeing a military connection, though-unless maybe it was pulled out of a building by a GI and brought home...?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It looks similar to the type of chandelier fitted in the smoking salon of the Avro Lancaster come to think of it.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It looks similar to the type of chandelier fitted in the smoking salon of the Avro Lancaster come to think of it.
    Beg to differ; I think it's Hermann Göring's fridge light, actually.

you are all wrong,its one of Herman Gorings medals.gotcha.

JKK
    ?

Was that for being Reich Beer Drinking Master? Or is it Reich Biggest Loser from when we put him on a diet in prison, and he started to get healthy?