Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what date is this signal light ?

Article about: Hi all found this signal light today . It has a whats left of what looks like an old transfer type label on the back of it . On the globe or globe cover it says mazda signal light I cant see

Default what date is this signal light ?

Hi all found this signal light today . It has a whats left of what looks like an old transfer type label on the back of it . On the globe or globe cover it says mazda signal light I cant see any other markings on it . I have no idea what age this is anyone know ? Any help would be appreciated . cheers matty .

what date is this  signal light ?what date is this  signal light ?what date is this  signal light ?what date is this  signal light ?what date is this  signal light ?what date is this  signal light ?

Do you happen to have another close up pic of the wiring on the end of the cord? as well as the handle grips? are the rivets or screws?

Hi mate it is screwed in not riveted . I'v taken some pictures as you requested what date is this  signal light ?what date is this  signal light ?what date is this  signal light ?

All I can say is that it looks to be US and could well be of WW2 vintage? I couldn't find this one in my reference, I have to add that my US 43 tank periscope has phillips head screws if that casts doubt.

hi rene thanks for the info I have no idea about it's vintage . the guy I got it off sold me a ww2 era US army airforce vest .here is the thread /[CHARGE]US survival vest .ww2 or post war ?[/CHARGE] I didn't think at the time to ask if they came together though . thanks again
    matty

Could be WWII but looking at the cord, I'd be more inclined to estimate Korean War era. Did you stick a plug on it and see if it works? (Of course, who knows what voltage it runs on...knowing the Government, it could be anything!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

the globe says 13V I'm guessing volts ??? but I'v not tried it yet .... lol I'll try to get a good picture of the globe in it . although that might be a replacement .....

Ah! Looks like a vehicle plug in hand held spotlight. You definitely do Not want to plug that one into your wall plug! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Do the + screws indicates post war? I might be wrong.

I would try unscrew the - screws at the front, maybe you can find something inside.

Regards,
    Taka

Thanks taka I will do that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast