Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What do I have?

Article about: OK, i think im in the right place but not sure, i was going around town visiting antique stores when i found these binoculars, they said "Made in Occupied Japan" and knowing that w

Default What do I have?

OK, i think im in the right place but not sure, i was going around town visiting antique stores when i found these binoculars, they said "Made in Occupied Japan" and knowing that we were in Japan after ww2, i bought them for 25$. i do not know much about them but i have taken some pictures and im hoping you guys could tell me something about them. thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have?   What do I have?  

What do I have?   What do I have?  

What do I have?   What do I have?  

Default Re: What do I have?

Made between '45-'52 Allied occupation: transformation of democracy and demilitarisation of Japan.

ERIC

Thank you for responding so quick, were these military issue?

Quote by General Patton View Post
    Thank you for responding so quick, were these military issue?
    This one no but Nippon Kogaku did make them for the Japanese military. The NOVAR 7X50 BINOCULAR shown are made by NIPPON KOGAKU-- the company now known as NIKON.
    They are marked as "made in Occupied Japan", so they are from the post war years of 1945 to 1952.
    These are Collectible you did very well Congrats.

ERIC

That's terrific news! Do you know how much these are worth?

If you have the case 150-225$ No case 50-100$ .

ERIC

Thank you very much! I definetly feel like I scored a home run!

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    This one no but Nippon Kogaku did make them for the Japanese military. The NOVAR 7X50 BINOCULAR shown are made by NIPPON KOGAKU-- the company now known as NIKON.
    They are marked as "made in Occupied Japan", so they are from the post war years of 1945 to 1952.
    These are Collectible you did very well Congrats.

ERIC
    i have the exact same binoculars except instead of having the chinese writing on the left side above the tokyo it says nippon kogaku are my binocluars worth more? i also have the case that says precision military binoculars and it also says on the case karl zeiss tooled?