Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are these?!?!?!

Article about: Hello, I picked these up on craigslist the guy said they were his fathers from the second world war and i he did not know what they were and neither did I. Can anyone help me out on what the

Default What are these?!?!?!

Hello, I picked these up on craigslist the guy said they were his fathers from the second world war and i he did not know what they were and neither did I. Can anyone help me out on what these are and what their value is. Thank you. - Nick K

What are these?!?!?!What are these?!?!?!What are these?!?!?!What are these?!?!?!What are these?!?!?!What are these?!?!?!

I can't help you with the value, but they are called "gaiters" and they were used to wrap around the ankles to keep dirt and water out of the boots.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Are they gaiters? Ralph and his nimble fingers beat me to it.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

These are actually the tops of a pair of US Army double buckle combat boots.

Sadly they have been cut off and are now for all intents and purposes worthless....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    These are actually the tops of a pair of US Army double buckle combat boots.

Sadly they have been cut off and are now for all intents and purposes worthless....

Cheers, Ade.
    There you go, I stand corrected.
    Ralph
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I maybe had the advantage on you as I used to own of pair of these boots. They were a good practical design.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I maybe had the advantage on you as I used to own of pair of these boots. They were a good practical design.

Cheers, Ade.
    So, essentially they are built in gaiters?
    Ralph.

Yes, they are. Very practical. I loved them. Sadly they went when I sold all my US collection.

Cheers, Ade.

Here's my pair for you

Well thats kind of disappointing but the good part was i was able to pick up leggings 3 patches a navy good conduct medal with a star and two ribbon bars for $25 dollars with shipping so its not a bad deal. - Nick K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast