Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What War Do you think this is from.

Article about: M-1 Helmet w/liner & Fleece Liner and a Field Pack | eBay I found this on ebay and i was wondering if its worth \\$37. I was wondering what war its from and if the helmet is o.k and not th

?

Default What War Do you think this is from.

M-1 Helmet w/liner & Fleece Liner and a Field Pack | eBay

I found this on ebay and i was wondering if its worth $37. I was wondering what war its from and if the helmet is o.k and not that the stuff is not repoductions.
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

Default Re: What War Do you think this is from.

Not sure on the helmet shell but the liner is post ww2 possibly Vietnam era, i would say its definately worth the money for all that

?

Do you know what war the bag is

It's hard to tell from the photos, as you cannot see many details, but the bag looks to be from the early 60's era? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

At first i thought it was a 58 pattern type back pack but its not, im not too sure what era its from

I all looks Vietnam era to me. That's a pretty good price for all of it.

The pack looks like what we, US Army, were issued in the early 70's. We called it the "buttpack". It attached to our pistol belt, and web gear. I'm sure they were used in Vietnam, but I don't know how you could be positive this one was without provenance. The "fleece" cap you see was called the "cold weather" cap. It could be worn by itself, or under the helmet. You could roll up the sides, and use the velcro to fasten it in the front. Definitely not Vietnam issue, but was available at that time to other US troops around the globe, ie. Europe, Korea, etc. Can't help you with the helmet. Looks the same as the one I was issued, but I can't be sure.
    Mark