Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

What went in this Signal Corps chest and what year is it from?

Article about: I got a Signal Corps Chest at an estate sale today and am wondering what used to be kept inside. It's a wood box painted the army green color. Metal corners and handles. Marked on the top as

Default What went in this Signal Corps chest and what year is it from?

I got a Signal Corps Chest at an estate sale today and am wondering what used to be kept inside. It's a wood box painted the army green color. Metal corners and handles. Marked on the top as follows:
    Signal Corps US Army
    Chest Ch-72-B
    Order no. 1989-Chi-42
    Made by Galvin Mfg Corp

I have included some pictures. Inside looks to be in great shape while outside not so much. Can anyone tell me what went inside this and what all the compartments are for? I am wondering the age as well. I see its marked "CHI" I'm thinking that means Chicago and the "42" after possibly 1942?
    Nicole
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What went in this Signal Corps chest and what year is it from?   What went in this Signal Corps chest and what year is it from?  

What went in this Signal Corps chest and what year is it from?   What went in this Signal Corps chest and what year is it from?  

What went in this Signal Corps chest and what year is it from?