Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why Blanco Webbing?

Article about: by Jerry B Yes indeed black was for tankers! Fab, James has a nice set of 1944 dated tankers overalls so the belt will match well. Just need to get a Tankers holster now and we might have a

Default Why Blanco Webbing?

Hi everyone, I picked up a pair of 37 Pattern Gaiters today and a 37 Pattern Belt and they appear to have been Blancoed. Was there any official guidance for this or was it a personal preference? Or was it a post war adaption. Ive done some research and the suggestions vary from being a sign they were used by special forces and then on the next site it says they were used by cadets? Bit of a difference!

Any advice would be great

Thanks

?

Default Re: Why Blanco Webbing?

Good question! I look forward to seeing what info comes up here! I have never really researched it but wondered about the ins and outs of blancoed equipment. I do not think it was post war adaptation although maybe continued post war practice. I am sure they blancoed equipment during WW1. Cheers! Sean.

i found this website quite interesting but it didnt give me an answer Sixth Army Group :: View topic - British " Blanco" and its use on webbing equipment

?

As mentioned originally for this type of leather gear, then later on for webbing to match the colours and make it look "smart".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Why Blanco Webbing?   Why Blanco Webbing?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Interesting, and i can understand protecting and cleaning the webbing. But im more puzzled at why they would change the colour of it as the pieces i have are done with a black Blanco.

?

Hey edelweiss Wikipedia says "Other colours included black (used by Royal Armoured Corps and rifle regiments per regimental custom)" I am sure I have read that before as well that certain regiments would use other colors for dress ceremonial purposes. Cheers! Sean.

Blanco and Bull Try here Vicky!

Cheers guys! You've been as helpful as always!

Yes indeed black was for tankers!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast