Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wireless Remote Control Units "F" No.2 (Aust)

Article about: by reneblacky Ahh Thank you most kindly Rob Info was much needed. I'd love to see yours No problem, give me a day or so and I'l put some photos together I just realized, you say "It is

Default Wireless Remote Control Units "F" No.2 (Aust)

G'day All

Can anyone shed some light on this unit? It is missing the battery unit. I'd love to see another Commonwealth counterpart

Default Re: Wireless Remote Control Units "F" No.2 (Aust)

Here's a couple of other sets I have. The L set is a jungle mod

Set F any info on this? The case also has jungle paint as with the L set

No one in the know on these? oh well!

Just going back through old posts from before I joined the forum, seeing if there is any I can help with. This one is right up my street....

Wireless Remote Control Units F are part of the Wireless Set No 22 equipment. They are a pair; No 1 attaches to the set itself, and the No 2 is attached to it via a long telephone cable. allowing the set to be operated from a distance. Additionally, the Remote Control Units can also attach to a telephone exchange, allowing the WS22 to be used over the phone network. This one is for the Australian version of the set. I have both units for the British set (and the WS22).

Telephone Set H is a sound powered telephone used for relatively short distances and not needing a power supply. Used a lot on coastal batteries i believe.

Telephone Set L is a portable telephone used mainly by linesmen for line testing.

Telephone Set D Mark V is the standard WWII field telephone used in all units below Divisional HQ. Artillery regiments used a lot of these! They were usually known as 'Don-Fives'.

Telephone Set F is the standard WWII field telephone used in all units from Divisional HQ and above.

I have most of the British or Canadian versions of this equipment, although your Ds, F and H are certainly British-made. i will photograph and compare it for you no problem
    Rob

Quote by Robert Ball View Post
    Just going back through old posts from before I joined the forum, seeing if there is any I can help with. This one is right up my street....

Wireless Remote Control Units F are part of the Wireless Set No 22 equipment. They are a pair; No 1 attaches to the set itself, and the No 2 is attached to it via a long telephone cable. allowing the set to be operated from a distance. Additionally, the Remote Control Units can also attach to a telephone exchange, allowing the WS22 to be used over the phone network. This one is for the Australian version of the set. I have both units for the British set (and the WS22).

Telephone Set H is a sound powered telephone used for relatively short distances and not needing a power supply. Used a lot on coastal batteries i believe.

Telephone Set L is a portable telephone used mainly by linesmen for line testing.

Telephone Set D Mark V is the standard WWII field telephone used in all units below Divisional HQ. Artillery regiments used a lot of these! They were usually known as 'Don-Fives'.

Telephone Set F is the standard WWII field telephone used in all units from Divisional HQ and above.

I have most of the British or Canadian versions of this equipment, although your Ds, F and H are certainly British-made. i will photograph and compare it for you no problem
    Rob
    Ahh Thank you most kindly Rob
    Info was much needed. I'd love to see yours

Rene, some day I would like to visit you and see all of your great pieces!!

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Rene, some day I would like to visit you and see all of your great pieces!!
    If you are ever in town you're most welcome

Rene you've some great and diverse stuff in that house of yours!

Josh

As usual Rene, some really great stuff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast