Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

ww1 trench periscope

Article about: Picked this up today on the fea market a nice early trench periscope , i cant see any thing marked on it

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I see this is being advertised on eBay as a WW1 periscope!
    WW1 British army Trench Periscope | eBay

Not what I would expect to see without any mention of the doubts cast on its authenticity.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Interesting...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not what I would expect to see without any mention of the doubts cast on its authenticity.[/QUOTE]

Not what i would have expected either Jerry.

Steve

Sorry not having had a chance to reply to this thread or update the e bay listing i found a pencil name of a officer marked on the inside wood when i was cleaning it and from his service number it makes it early, i will post some photos later

Quote by kradman View Post
    i cant see any thing marked on it
    Quote by kradman View Post
    i found a pencil name of a officer marked on the inside wood when i was cleaning it and from his service number it makes it early
    Well isn't that lucky?

Glen i am not getting into a fight over this ,the item was very dirty inside when i got as i put before and as i am not at home very much due to work i dont get alot of spare time to clean items ,i will put on the Ebay listing whats been put on here about doubts cast on its authenticity as a military item and will let people make their own minds up , i am not the sort of person to fake items or rip people off as you are trying to make out i am , I enjoy this forum but its comments like this that make me think is it worth posting items or using this forum anymore .
    I can take it if something is not original we all make mistakes but there is alot people like yourself who just jump on the bandwagon with just online answers that dont add anything useful to a post and are just a dig at the poster and this isnt the first time you have done this to one of my posts eg SS marked Stick grenades

Gotta call it how I see it pal, not simply just going to accept the word of a poster who isn't adding an item to their collection but instead looking to flip it for cash without being critical of the intentions/ethics being applied.

If I have bruised your sensitivities then I apologise but I'm not going to stop questioning members' motives and methods when it comes to validating and selling items.

I don't recall your SS grenade thread, you have a link?

I show items out of interest some i sell alot i keep as i do collect also and i never ask for pricing of a item i am not here for that and as i put it doesnt hurt my feelings if something is called as not original as you cant know everything and this is a learning trip, I had listed the item on ebay the same day i posted it here due to lack of free time i had and yes i was wrong to do that with out getting feedback here first and yes i will be changing the listing when i get home later today .
    I just find your one line remarks unhelpful and without any facts and at less if i am wrong about something i can say i am sorry , he is the link SS marked Stick Grenades I am not interest in getting in a fight over this and I Understand now why people like Doug dont post here anymore

This all seems to be getting out of hand, and no-one should be questioning someone's honesty without proof of wrong-doing. But what has happened should serve as an object lesson in not posting questionable items on here and then posting on eBay as original before originality has been established.

The periscope in question is an unusual design, and I cannot find anything like it on the internet. Although admittedly it does look similar to other examples when CLOSED - but certainly not when opened.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3