Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 artillery mittens

Article about: I recently bought a large lot of British WW2 items, And amongst all of these items was this glove which I assume to be an artillery mitten as there was only one included. As I understand the

Default WW2 artillery mittens

I recently bought a large lot of British WW2 items, And amongst all of these items was this glove which I assume to be an artillery mitten as there was only one included. As I understand they would have used a mitten to remove the hot shell casings after it had been fired. However the only examples of British artillery mittens have been made of a different material and they also don't have the trigger fingers free as shown in the pictures.

If anybody could tell me if these are maybe just a post war pattern or anything else I would appreciate it WW2 artillery mittensWW2 artillery mittensWW2 artillery mittensWW2 artillery mittensAttachment 438774WW2 artillery mittens
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 artillery mittens  

Default Re: WW2 artillery mittens

Canadian made gloves.

Certainly post war. Note the date now I have turned the pic around for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Oh wow yeah I see it now.......... made myself look a bit of a fool there