Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 british 1937 webbing made in india?

Article about: Hi guys can someone confirm that these 1937 british webbing pattern field packs were made in india as no one is buying them on ebay.are they really that bad?or is it a case of just have to b

Default Ww2 british 1937 webbing made in india?

Hi guys can someone confirm that these 1937 british webbing pattern field packs were made in india as no one is buying them on ebay.are they really that bad?or is it a case of just have to buy british?would just like to know for future referance,regards minnie.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ww2 british 1937 webbing made in india?  Ww2 british 1937 webbing made in india?  Ww2 british 1937 webbing made in india?  Ww2 british 1937 webbing made in india? 

Default Re: Ww2 british 1937 webbing made in india?

Personally I think Indian webbing is awful! The quality of the materials, the weave of the cotton, the quality of the brass, the quality of tooling, essentially everything about it is rubbish, but thats just my opinion. The jungle green stuff is fairly scarce though and attracts the collectors. If you want quality 37 patt webbing go for Canadian made.
    Cheers
    Hangarman

NCA
    ?

The large pack bottom left im certain is Indian made.The webbing is alot more coarse then Brit webbing.I'm not so sure on the others..what is the pack top left?
    I think it would be interesting to try and put together a set of Indian made webbing.i'll bet some bits are rather rare.
    Maybe the seller has multiple items of these?

hi NCA top left is a large pack/rucksack,the seller has british 37 webbing items also for sale,but does not distinguish between them.in other words there's no mention of them being indian made,which i suppose depends on how you view it.despite the quality there still genuine issued field gear that was used in ww2.and hangarman i wouldn't know the differance between british and canadian products,unless stated in the advert,im blind to MFGS regarding webbing etc.regards minnie.

The easiest way to tell is the proof marks, if the printing is still good British looks like this /|\ often referred to as a broad arrow or crows foot and Canadian is the same, but with a C around the arrow.

If you have British and Indian made webbing in your hand, you can tell the difference, it's one of those things that come from experience handling the items. Personally I mainly collect British kit, and I won't buy anything else with other proof marks. I'm just funny that way lol

thanks guys,for the info regards minnie.