Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WW2 British dog ( yes, Dog) gas Mask

Article about: Here is another item I picked up today..I never knew they made gas masks for Dogs...as I have just got home I have not done any research on this one yet.. it has to really rare. Dean O

dean you would of been barking mad not to pick this one up nice and unusual item the scooby snacks holder sorry filter looks to be from a british lightweight service respirator ,nice find and thanks for showing ,james

?

Well it turns out someone that really likes this has a WW1 Gas mask I need to help complete a Canadian uniform, as nice as the dog mask is, I would rather have one I need for my collection.

So it works out..still working on that deal.

Dean O

I hope it's a good British SBR and not an American one. The dog mask is a lot rarer than any SBR but I can see why you would want to do the trade.

This thread seems to have brought all the wags out. Oh no, Afghan and done it again! Canis really be happening? The cat Mastiff Terrierized me into writing it. This is just Husky-ng for trouble, better get back in my Boxer before some Shar Pei'd person has a pup at me....

?

Yup it is a very nice British one, I have one already but needed a second for another uniform, and there is a bit more in that trade.

Dean O

?

Nice rare piece of kit mate. I've heard of them but never actually seen one. (At least you're not having a woof time with it or barking up the wrong tree as regards it's originality.

BTW, found this pic' on Google.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimpy; 05-10-2015 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Addition

?

Interesting photo, but neither is the type I have.

Dean O

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    Interesting photo, but neither is the type I have.

Dean O
    Hi Dean

I appreciate that mate, what I should have said was that I had posted the pic as a reference to show that, and other types were available.

Regards etc

Ian D

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Dean

I appreciate that mate, what I should have said was that I had posted the pic as a reference to show that, and other types were available.

Regards etc

Ian D

Those are actually gas masks for us humans on those dogs From left to right, General Civilian Respirator, Civilian Duty Respirator and the MkIV Service Respirator. I can only imagine someone was having a bit of fun

Also, I can assure you all that the Small Box Respirator that Dean is getting is indeed a nice British one that is very displayable and doesn't look like a shrunken head.... and the dog mask is going to a very good home

Thanks,

Danny

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Those are actually gas masks for us humans on those dogs From left to right, General Civilian Respirator, Civilian Duty Respirator and the MkIV Service Respirator. I can only imagine someone was having a bit of fun

Also, I can assure you all that the Small Box Respirator that Dean is getting is indeed a nice British one that is very displayable and doesn't look like a shrunken head.... and the dog mask is going to a very good home

Thanks,

Danny
    Hi Danny,

Thanks for sorting that one out and putting me back in my box! S6 and S10, I know about, other types I am not 100% on.

Regards etc

Ian D

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Danny,

Thanks for sorting that one out and putting me back in my box! S6 and S10, I know about, other types I am not 100% on.

Regards etc

Ian D

It is a rather peculiar part of military history, and collectables that I've decided to dedicate myself to, but I suppose it was about time someone done it Hopefully in the future I'll be able to really crack on with my website and book and get the information out there, its a bit of a hassle at the moment as work hundreds of miles away from home which is where my collection and reference material resides.

I think maybe an evolutionary timeline with photographs would be a nice little project for the time being....

Thanks,

Danny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12