Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)

Article about: Hi Guys, I promised to take some pics of this last week, so here we go. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equipm...p-case-257048/ Made of webbing like the 1937 pattern gear and backed with a har

Default WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)

Hi Guys, I promised to take some pics of this last week, so here we go.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equip...p-case-257048/

Made of webbing like the 1937 pattern gear and backed with a hard fibreboard known as Tufnol with a clear celluloid cover.

Used by Officers.

This example is dated 1944. Maker marked "B.H.G. Ltd" (Barrow, Hepburn & Gale)

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)   WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)  

WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)   WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)  

WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default re: WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)

very nice Ade

Default Re: WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)

Iused to have one of these, the same pattern I think but it was a long time back and I'll probably have to pick up another one of these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: WW2 British Map Case (Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1)

Thanks Guys.

This one came from a relative of mine, who used it in his professional life as a surveyor, until I got my greasy mits on it!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!