Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British Navy Sailor's Cap Boxes

Article about: Hello all, I am hoping for some help to confirm exactly what type of sailor cap box was used by the British Navy. Two types of metal storage boxes were issued to sailors during WW2 - one wit

Default WW2 British Navy Sailor's Cap Boxes

Hello all, I am hoping for some help to confirm exactly what type of sailor cap box was used by the British Navy. Two types of metal storage boxes were issued to sailors during WW2 - one with the brass name plate on the top:

and the other with the plate on the front:

Scant information hints that the box with the plate on the top was British navy issue, and one with the plate on the front may be Canadian Navy issue. Can anyone confirm if there is any truth to this? Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

It appears the Allied Navy equipment experts are hiding, or perhaps few and far between here. I know that it’s a rather obscure topic, but still holding out hope that someone eventually chimes in . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

CBH
    ?

I hope you get an answer, I myself have a few variations on tin hatboxes myself but know little about them individually.
    As you stated a rather obscure topic, but I love collecting them, even empty.