Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ww2 live rounds found at yard sale in pa

Article about: Side note: Last spring my local paper had a yard sale advertised. The person listed militaria items for sale. I got there 5 minutes before it started at 8am, only to be told someone else had

Default Re: Ww2 live rounds found at yard sale in pa

Side note: Last spring my local paper had a yard sale advertised. The person listed militaria items for sale. I got there 5 minutes before it started at 8am, only to be told someone else had shown up knocking on the door at 5am and bought all the stuff for $300. The seller told me there were helmets, uniforms, equipment etc in the lot. I told him thanks for sellin it three hours before the sale began, that was really fair to people who respected his start time.

The rounds with the Green-White tipped bullets are training rounds, the bullets are frangible, compressed graphite, so when they hit they "blew up" in a puff off "smoke" so you could see the bullet strike. I have a bunch of these, but never loaded them for anything. I think the weight on these is around 105 grains. Nice to find the M-3, in nice shae with the original leather sheath I've seen these at shows for around $300. I'm not sure how much the M-8 sheath changes things, but it's a definate keeper.

?

The 20mm round in pictures 15-21 is a German 20mmx82mmRB Luftwaffe aircraft cannon round made by Hugo Schneider co.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

In response to helmetone, I feel your pain. My dad and I have missed out on helmets and such due to pre-sale buyers. EXTREMELY frustrating when you respect people who put "No early birds" in their ads.

I get lucky sometimes at sales, mostly my dad gets lucky with the military stuff. When we go to house sales he goes right for the basement and garage and thats where you find the stuff when you find it cheap.

In response to zwerge's message. Super cool, thanks for the info, I'll keep that one then! Is it rare? Regardless, still neat to have.

If anyone is interested in any of these items, let me know.. Im keeping some of these yard sale finds for my small collection but not all. Also, if anyone has anything else to add or correct, feel free. I'm learning a lot as I am new to collecting.

Congrats on your find! This is why I go to yard sales, you just never know what you might get!

The Kinfolks M3 knife is an earlier 'blade marked' type, but it has seen
    better days - If it were not so rusted up and had been stored
    properly, it would be worth a premium.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3