Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ww2 live rounds found at yard sale in pa

Article about: Side note: Last spring my local paper had a yard sale advertised. The person listed militaria items for sale. I got there 5 minutes before it started at 8am, only to be told someone else had

Default Ww2 live rounds found at yard sale in pa

My dad and i found live rounds in an ammo box at a yard sale. They were found in a garage and while i am not sure if they are ww2 they are old. What can i do with these? I know they can be volatile. Can i sell these (i am a re-seller) is it legal or not? Can i get them disarmed somehow and if so who would do such a thing and what would it cost? I am new to any kind of ammo they go from 8 inches long on down. Help please.
    PS If they are legal to sell, are they worth more active or deactivated?
    I don't know what kind they are, I will repost next week with pictures and measurements.

?

Default Re: Ww2 live rounds found at yard sale in pa

Post a few pictures (include head stamps) and advice will be forth coming.
    Regards,
    John

I dont have access to them now, wont until next week. Any way I can get advice not based on pictures for now.

It depends what rounds you have found. If they are any type of gun round they are legal in the US or at least PA. If you have a 60mm mortar or live bazooka rounds that is different... I have many live rounds dated between 1937-present and they are all ok as long as you store them safely.

Also I would not ship them in the mail, It is easier to buy and sell live round in person in the US... It can be done legally though.

Hah yeah I would not ship these.

?

So are we talking about pistol, rifle, anti tank, anti aircraft,artillery ammo??????
    Pic's would help immensely. Some rounds were color coded on the tip of the projectile. Do you remember seeing any colors? About how round were these?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So are we talking about pistol, rifle, anti tank, anti aircraft,artillery ammo??????
    Pic's would help immensely. Some rounds were color coded on the tip of the projectile. Do you remember seeing any colors? About how round were these?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    As Phil said you need to give more description of the ammo if you want more information, which is hard enough without pictures. If you do not know, or can not, just wait until you post pictures because we can not give valid advice without them.

I will have to get back to everyone on details of what they are, I didn't write down any info on them. My dad called and told me they were live and to find out what to do with them.

Can you at least give us an idea of their size? If they can fit in the palm of your hand, they're pistol, rifle, or machine gun rounds. Not really too big of deal at all in terms of being dangerous. (As long as you decide not to microwave them or something silly like that...)

If the rounds are any larger... size of your fore arm, size of your whole arm, etc. and are still live... THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast