Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle

Article about: Hi Guys, as we have has several threads about British waterbottles, I thought that you might be interested to see this variant produced in New Zealand by NEECO [National Electric and Enginee

Default WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle

Hi Guys, as we have has several threads about British waterbottles, I thought that you might be interested to see this variant produced in New Zealand by NEECO [National Electric and Engineering Company]. Note the cardboard makers lable still in place. The cover also secures with a cord drawstring around the bottom of the bottle. I dare not take it apart to look for a date.

As you can see, the bottle has a flat top and not the curved top as seen on British bottles. Also note the rubber stopper, not cork as found on British made bottles.

It is mint unissued. I found a whole shelf full of these back in the 90's at a large surplus shop: they were £1.50 back then. I should have bought the lot....but hindsight is a great thing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	022.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	455481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	455482  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	455483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	455484  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle

Wow fantastic condition!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...