Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle

Article about: Hi Guys, as we have has several threads about British waterbottles, I thought that you might be interested to see this variant produced in New Zealand by NEECO [National Electric and Enginee

Default WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle

Hi Guys, as we have has several threads about British waterbottles, I thought that you might be interested to see this variant produced in New Zealand by NEECO [National Electric and Engineering Company]. Note the cardboard makers lable still in place. The cover also secures with a cord drawstring around the bottom of the bottle. I dare not take it apart to look for a date.

As you can see, the bottle has a flat top and not the curved top as seen on British bottles. Also note the rubber stopper, not cork as found on British made bottles.

It is mint unissued. I found a whole shelf full of these back in the 90's at a large surplus shop: they were £1.50 back then. I should have bought the lot....but hindsight is a great thing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle   WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle  

WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle   WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle

Wow fantastic condition!...

I'd like to add to Ade's post on the WW2 New Zealand water bottle, with some photos of my well used WW2 era one.

This also is probably a "NEECO" made bottle, but the cardboard base card is long gone. There was another company called "Kia Ora Galvanizing" that made these cobolt blue MKVII bottles. The features of a New Zealand bottle is the blue enamel, a removable felt cover secured by a draw string at the base, stopper was often brown rubber, but cork ones were used. The bottle is formed rather like a tin can, with a top edged seal. At the neck there is a wire ring to attach the stopper string. Below the neck the bottle is flat, not curved towards the neck like a British made bottle.

This one comes with a carrier that looks like it's been on a long time, it's a Canadian ZL&T Ltd 1941. Large quantities of Canadian made webbing arrived in NZ in 1942. I haven't taken the cover off as it looks too worn, but bottle could be maker marked.

WW2 New Zealand issue waterbottleWW2 New Zealand issue waterbottleWW2 New Zealand issue waterbottleWW2 New Zealand issue waterbottleWW2 New Zealand issue waterbottle