Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Officers leather map / document case and contents

Article about: Unfortunately I don't know a lot about this piece. I bought it with all of the contents, including the original pencil and pencil sharpener. I assume that it is a private purchase piece (unl

Default WW2 Officers leather map / document case and contents

Unfortunately I don't know a lot about this piece. I bought it with all of the contents, including the original pencil and pencil sharpener. I assume that it is a private purchase piece (unless anybody can tell me different) and the documents it contains obviously relate to Far East campaign (given the reference to Punjabs and Mahrattas).
    If anybody has a thoughts as to who it belonged to (i.e, rank, regiment, etc - there is no name written in it that I can find) or has any comments with regards to the documents please post away!

4md
    ?

Default Re: WW2 Officers leather map / document case and contents

this all looks like battalion info and if you look under the clip on the battalion codes page there is a battalion name, 2/5th mahratta light infantry....maybe start there. this could be the battalion commanders case or his adjutant . infact if you look at the page next to that it has a tick next to the adjutant which may mean this is his copy.
    maybe look up who the battalion commander is at that time and see if you can find the name of his adjutant.

4md
    ?

ODOL is the code for the 2/5 light infantry and the message form was sent to odol if you hadnt seen that already..... great item i like it

?

Hi Grimebox,
    At the 3rd pic (message form) - Indian city (marrauli, munirka, mahrattas). Probably, when in India were British troops.
    Regards.
    British Raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is why I love War Relics - I've spent years looking at it but never seeing! Thank you very much 4md for opening my eyes!!!!!!!
    From a little internet research I see that the 5th Mahratta Light Infantry have quite an interesting history