Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 us army air forces ladder.

Article about: I picked this up this weekend, and never have seen anything like it before. It is marked US ARMY AIR FORCES on the identification plate. This ladder, opens up ,and expends from the sides to

Default Ww2 us army air forces ladder.

I picked this up this weekend, and never have seen anything like it before.

It is marked US ARMY AIR FORCES on the identification plate.

This ladder, opens up ,and expends from the sides to form a complete ladder, and closes to the what i have pictured.

It is in really good shape, and from what i can find out, it is a refueling ladder for fixed aircraft.

What would the value on this be, as i got it really cheap, they just wanted it gone, and i don't collect these type of items, and I'm sure there is someone in here that does collect these type of items.

thanks
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 us army air forces ladder.   Ww2 us army air forces ladder.  

Default Re: Ww2 us army air forces ladder.

Your best off contacting a museum if you want to shift this but they possibly would not pay a lot or want to pay as is the case usually.I am a collector of aviation items but something like this is nice but does not appeal to me as is far too large and im sure other collectors of aviation equipment would say the same.

nice unusuall item though

OK, I'll wait and see what happens with it, I might just call Wright Pat up and see if they would be interested in it, as I have never seen such a ladder before.

It has to be WW2, as it says US ARMY AIR FORCES on the plate.

Brian