Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?

Article about: These are cool and I pick them up whenever I see one.One was full of GIs stuff.Interesting variations,the 1942 dated has buckles and latch,then in 1943 they went to just the latch.Or maybe j

Default WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?

These are cool and I pick them up whenever I see one.One was full of GIs stuff.Interesting variations,the 1942 dated has buckles and latch,then in 1943 they went to just the latch.Or maybe just different makers,anyway they are great for storing your stuff!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?   WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?  

WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?   WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?  

WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?   WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?  

WW2 US foot lockers,anyone collect these?  

I don't think I've come across a footlocker which is weird, since they probably made millions of them. I have come across old night vision goggle storage bins which were really cool, but the person was asking a lot for them and I didn't feel like making space for them.

Nice pick ups, wish I had one, but no room for one!!!

Thanks guys!Am sure a lot of these were made but how many survived is a different question.I have seen rotten ones kept in a wet basement,pick one up one time and the bottom fell out was stuck to the floor,ruined !These examples I found were kept dry,the earlier one has a steel band around the wood frame,much stronger.These were wood and steel boxes,if not stored right they would not have survived and eventuly went to the dump ,maybe that's why you don't see a lot of them,quite heavy,hard to get in the attic!

Your right on these sometimes being thrown out as I've found a couple of these that were vulcanized and were out with the trash, both of these were not in too bad shape!!

Thanks Tom can you post a pic of them,like to see them.

?

Nice foot lockers TC.
    In my early day's in the Corps. I was working down at the Philadelphia Recruiting Headquarters.

They needed some help clearing out a couple rooms. So being low man on the Totem Pole, It became my job..
    When I opened the door it was crammed from floor to ceiling with foot lockers.

As we loaded them on the back of a Duece 1/2. The Sergeant in charged asked if I wanted any.
    I said Hell Yeah and I grabbed 2, Both are the single latch type.
    I used them to store my bayonets and antique BP pistols in one and the other I have flight accessories.
    They are great for storage and they are stackable

We also have a one from my wife's Great Uncle. Its is a USAAF/ Air Force Colonel's foot locker. My wife uses that one for Family photo graphs and Photo albums that belong to her Family history.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 03-30-2020 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Grammar corrections.