Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses

Article about: I bought this several years ago, the Gas mask and bag are in excellent condition except for a couple of rust marks. Within the gas mask (set in the eyepieces) were the 'prescription' glasses

Default WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses

I bought this several years ago, the Gas mask and bag are in excellent condition except for a couple of rust marks. Within the gas mask (set in the eyepieces) were the 'prescription' glasses (my vision is fine so I don't know if they are for long sighted or short sighted!! Either way they are not very 'strong'). I cannot find a lot about them so I guess they are quite a rare bit of kit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses   WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses  

WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses   WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses  

Default Re: WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses

Nice bonus find and a seldom seen bit of kit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

NCA
    ?

Odd shaped bag...looks to have been cut down and re-sewn.What shape is the filter?

The bag is indeed cut down. It is the older, pre war respirator bag and many of these got cut down for re-use after the introduction of the smaller more compact lightweight respirator in 1943.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Whilst digging out some other bits and pieces I found the gas mask and bag, as it appears to be a little bit unusual (the bag at least) I though I'd post some better pictures. What I didn't realise is that the gas mask canister is held in place inside the bag with webbing straps and a popper.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses   WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses  

WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses   WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses  

WW2 US M2A1 Gas mask with 'Prescription' glasses