Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 US Trench Art belt Value

Article about: Hello, I came across this old belt that a man has for sale. He said his uncle created it while in the military. I was curious if anyone knew anything about the buttons and badges on it to co

Default WW2 US Trench Art belt Value

Hello,
    I came across this old belt that a man has for sale. He said his uncle created it while in the military. I was curious if anyone knew anything about the buttons and badges on it to confirm the date.

WW2 US Trench Art belt ValueWW2 US Trench Art belt ValueWW2 US Trench Art belt ValueWW2 US Trench Art belt ValueWW2 US Trench Art belt Value

Thanks,
    John

?

Default Re: WW2 US Trench Art belt Value

This is commonly called a hate belt. Most of the buttons appear to be ww1 german hope that this helps

?

Ditto.

Thanks for th info guys. But what exactly is a hate belt?

- - Updated - -

*the

?

Quote by viglenn89 View Post
    Thanks for th info guys. But what exactly is a hate belt?

- - Updated - -

*the
    Not sure why they are called hate belts as many were done by allied troops and consisted of badges and buttons from their friends units though an explanation from the web is posted below.

"German soldiers' leather belts, and other belts from participating armies, that were festooned with buttons from soldiers uniforms are called Hate Belts / Souvenir Belts / Grave Digger Belts. These made for excellent keepsakes. First for the "Hate Belt" explanation: the idea was that if a German soldier had killed or captured an Allied soldier, then he would have the button from the newly deceased or captured soldier attached to his belt as a kind of notch of conquest on his belt. This, no doubt, is the most intriguing explanation for those decorative belts. The "Souvenir Belt" explanation: this description is apt for many of the belts that are in circulation today. The souvenir belt would involve a German infantryman's belt being decorated with buttons and tabs from troops BOTH Allied and CENTRAL Powers and sold as a remembrance of The War. The "Grave Digger Belt" example is self explanatory, to a degree. Troops burying dead soldiers would sometimes remove buttons from those they buried as a remembrance. It is impossible to determine the origin of most belts, but some of these highly collectible belts provide some hints as to their origin."
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just bought the belt for $15 I think its a great deal!!! Also got this wound badge for $15

WW2 US Trench Art belt Value

?

You got a real good deal since the belt is worth or 115 dollars good find

oh wow the belt is worth around $115?

Hate belt, it looks to have WW1 buttons on it i would pay 100$ for it no more.
    Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast