Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 Usmc Garand belt real or reproduction?

Article about: Hello chaps, just a quick one. Spotted this belt USMC stamped and manufactured by Boyt in ‘43. I’ve been after one for ages and there’s a few looking as well as myself but is it mint, or a s

Default Ww2 Usmc Garand belt real or reproduction?

Hello chaps,

just a quick one. Spotted this belt USMC stamped and manufactured by Boyt in ‘43. I’ve been after one for ages and there’s a few looking as well as myself but is it mint, or a slightly used really well-made reproduction/film prop? I think it could be a goer but I’d like to get some opinions as it looks almost too good to be true, particularly the ink stamps.

Cheers in advance folks,

Ian.

Ww2 Usmc Garand belt real or reproduction? Ww2 Usmc Garand belt real or reproduction? Ww2 Usmc Garand belt real or reproduction? Ww2 Usmc Garand belt real or reproduction? Ww2 Usmc Garand belt real or reproduction?

To me it looks right, but the pictures are too small to be definite.

I'm not well versed on USMC gear but for me, looking at the USMC stamping, I am seeing on the "M" a thicker right side compared to the left side of the letter.. It may be the angle of the picture though... Just an observation'

Smitty

Just for a comparison, here's a repro, I know they will vary from repro to repro. Sorry my pics are small too! I had to snip them and are the only shots I have of them.

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    I'm not well versed on USMC gear but for me, looking at the USMC stamping, I am seeing on the "M" a thicker right side compared to the left side of the letter.. It may be the angle of the picture though... Just an observation'

Smitty
    This is normal Smitty, here's another version of the USMC font style

Got it.. Thanks Rene..

Smitty

Thanks chaps,

I like the look of the webbing and snaps on my belt, even some of the corroded grommits look fair but the ink stamps look they were stamped yesterday. I’m happy with the font though. I believe post-war versions have much thinner, narrower lettering.

Cheers Ian.

From my experience with Boyt is I've never seen one poorly stamped.