Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWI Portuguese Webbing Straps Made By Mills Equipment Company

Article about: I just picked these up the other day from a seller in Portugal. In the listing, he stated... "These are Portuguese Army M/913 supporting utility straps made by M.E.Co for the Portuguese

Yep your right mate. The 1940 pattern was developed from the Canadian, south African, Portuguese 1913 pattern webbing using the key type fittings etc of this pattern.
    I'm also very interested in pre ww1 commercial mills webbing bought by territorial and VTC units. Would be nice to see clear pics of this stuff being worn or any pics of items of commercial mills webbing in people's collections.
    Andy

?

Hey Andy,

Thanks for posting the pictures, that is one great set! I’m not sure it is part of the Portuguese 1913 equipment though, since it is totally different than the diagram. Karkee Web features a similar set, but they are not sure what country it was made for either…

Pattern 1940 Cavalry Web Equipment

It’s difficult to say from the pictures, but the brace appears to be correct (although it may be a 1950’s example with blackened steel fittings)

The frog appears to be a fine example of “Pattern 1937, Frog, bayonet, No. 6”…

Pattern 1937 Web Equipment

I also love the interwar Mills commercial webbings sets! I’d love to put one together some day in the future! I have saved quite a few pictures of Mills commercial pattern being used on the NW Frontier of India and I will post them here as time allows…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2