Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII British Bag?

Article about: Hello, I just got this bag which was used by dog handlers in the Danish Army. The dog logo is probably made by the Danes, but the bag is itself looks like British webbing. Is the an ex-Briti

Default WWII British Bag?

Hello,

I just got this bag which was used by dog handlers in the Danish Army. The dog logo is probably made by the Danes, but the bag is itself looks like British webbing. Is the an ex-British bag?

Cheers
    Erik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII British Bag?   WWII British Bag?  

WWII British Bag?  

Default Re: WWII British Bag?

Not one that I recognise, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

ILH
    ?

I'm with Ade, not a british pattern...... but could it have been made in britain like the postwar dutch stuff?

?

Hi Erik,
    Again looks commercial made to me, a combination of tent canvas or similar and surplus 37 Pattern webbing components which have been recycled into a new product, again this may sound mad, however I've seen many items over the years which have been converted from or made out of WW2 surplus, the one that springs to mind is the cut down gas mask bags which were around some years ago. These were the U.S. Army kidney shape models, that were then cut down to the very late war M8 Snout Type Gas Mask.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Australia made several Haversacks from canvas during both wars so it could be one of theirs. But that is just a guess.