Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Grenade Lighter?

Article about: I am trying to help someone find a value for this, but I am more interested in try to Id the grenade as WWII production. It looks as thought the lines go to the bottom of the grenade which i

Default WWII Grenade Lighter?

I am trying to help someone find a value for this, but I am more interested in try to Id the grenade as WWII production. It looks as thought the lines go to the bottom of the grenade which is a good sign and it marked (comsat pgl d.pat 14210) any one know the MFG, or anything about the marking? The spoon looks like an obvious replace when it was converted to a lighter and the top is milled. Any ideas if its WWII or a possible value. Sorry these are the best pictures I have.
    -Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Grenade Lighter?   WWII Grenade Lighter?  

WWII Grenade Lighter?   WWII Grenade Lighter?  

Default Re: WWII Grenade Lighter?

Hey, Ive got one of these too. They are not ww2 as far as I know. I beleive they are 1950's pieces, made in Japan. They are not, or were never meant to be real grenades.

Ive seen most between $20 and $60

They are cool though, and fun!!!

Thanks for the info I didnt get to see it in person yet, after seeing it you can tell its a novelty item. Thanks again -Ben

Sure, glad to help!