Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wwii k ration supper

Article about: hey guys before this guy selles me his supper ration i want to see if its authentic. please any insight would help. one problem i have is the can of meat i dont remember there being a can th

Default Wwii k ration supper

hey guys before this guy selles me his supper ration i want to see if its authentic. please any insight would help. one problem i have is the can of meat i dont remember there being a can that just says ham and also i dont think these come with a p-38 can opener. please any help would b awesome before i buy. Wwii k ration supperWwii k ration supper

MAP
    ?

Not something I'm familiar with but I'm sure the "temptations" cat treats, the Bai antioxidant water, the broken plastic fork or the Copenhagen chewing tobacco were not part of the K-Ration pack

Sorry. All in jest. Hopefully someone will be around shortly!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Haha i will say MAP you have an eye for detail i didnt even notice. lol other than the ham does any of the other items look original? i will say the crackers are pretty old and rancid and it still has nasty sugar cubs inside it. it looks ok but everything else idk if its reproduction or real like the chocolate matches and cigerettes.

MAP
    ?

Wish I could help Timbo. Not my area. I'm sure others will be around. My only contribution here is humor.

If you do get it though, might want to open up that ham and give it a try
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Timbo,

I would pass on this. This is not complete, the P-38 opener does not go with this ration, this type of ration had the key that would open the tab around the meal, It seems to be missing the wooden spoon and some of the other contents. On the far left, is that the package of crackers? The gum and cigarettes, toilet paper and D ration chocolate have a chance at being OK but again, I think this may have been pieced together with components from other meals. The can and P-38 are no go's..

Here is a decent link to a site that discusses the components and variations of the rations

Smitty

ORIGINAL K RATIONS | K RATION | K-RATION

The Germans were quite jealous of the US "K" rations & C rations. From what they were issued late war (if anything), the US stuff was high quality & sought after