Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wwii raf store mans kit list

Article about: Hi Chaps I found this today which I think its worth showing here is a Kit list for an RAF Airman i would say fairly early war list I think its a check list after each man has been given his

?

Default Wwii raf store mans kit list

Hi Chaps
    I found this today which I think its worth showing here is a Kit list for an RAF Airman I would say fairly early war list I think its a check list after each man has been given his kit to make sure hes got everything the stores numbers with a / inbetween is a block number given for sizes IE vests 22B 174/177 SMALL / MEDIUM / LARGE AND X LARGE

Worth noting is the anti gas cover was also for the putting on to the peak cap steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wwii raf store mans kit list   Wwii raf store mans kit list  

Wwii raf store mans kit list  

?

Interesting to see the mess tin and strap. I believe this refers to the cavalry pattern mess tin, which was used by the RAF early in the war.

Very Useful, if anyone knows of the packing list for the 25 pattern webbing set (probably some but not all of this list) then please let me know as I have been trying to find out what I need to put in mine for a couple of years!

?

Quote by Warspite View Post
    Very Useful, if anyone knows of the packing list for the 25 pattern webbing set (probably some but not all of this list) then please let me know as I have been trying to find out what I need to put in mine for a couple of years!
    Hi Warspite
    What set is it for ie RAF Regt sentry , night away training etc steve

I wear it with a Sergeant Air Gunner's uniform as someone transitting between training camps
    Wwii raf store mans kit listWwii raf store mans kit list
    At the moment the large pack is filled out with an old cushion! I would like to get the contents authentic

?

I wear it with a Sergeant Air Gunner's uniform as someone transitting between training camps
    Wwii raf store mans kit listWwii raf store mans kit list
    At the moment the large pack is filled out with an old cushion! I would like to get the contents authentic
    Hi Warspite
    1st thanks for the pics this is a big help gioing by the kit list above in post 1 i would say almost most of it working down the list :

braces if not worn
    hair brush
    polishing brush
    shaving brush
    cap comforter
    collars all
    spare drawers
    1st field dressing
    kfs set
    gloves
    holdall
    house wife
    jersey
    shirts
    socks button stick
    tie towels
    vests
    spare cap depening on what you where issed with
    grey coat 1 pair trousers
    rubber boots
    canvas shoes ( plimsoles )
    GYM SHORTS FOR PT
    GYM VEST
    drinking mug
    ration bag
    respirator and contents worn on the side and not packed
    steel helmet
    mess tins and straps
    id would be carried as well as permits for travel to and from and a base pass
    also one would have the kit bag as you would take all of your kit in case of being reposted to a new squadron . hop this helps steve

Thanks Steve, will work as a starting point. I have the kit bag, great coat and a few bits of small kit and I will try and find the rest. I like my packs to have all the correct contents. I have finished my 08, 37 and 44 sets and I've got this set and a naval 19 pattern rucksack to fill now...

?

Thanks Steve, will work as a starting point. I have the kit bag, great coat and a few bits of small kit and I will try and find the rest. I like my packs to have all the correct contents. I have finished my 08, 37 and 44 sets and I've got this set and a naval 19 pattern rucksack to fill now...
    Why not take a look at my web site Britton at War I am always getting interesting bits in and have a good selection regards steve

Don't worry Steve, always do. Your site is where the 1919 pattern rucksack came from! Ed