MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WWII U.S. Army Cot

Article about: Hi guys, this is a 1944 dated example that I found in Ogallala, Nebraska. Nothing special, just a cool piece of gear!

Default WWII U.S. Army Cot

Hi guys, this is a 1944 dated example that I found in Ogallala, Nebraska. Nothing special, just a cool piece of gear!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII U.S. Army Cot   WWII U.S. Army Cot  

Default Re: WWII U.S. Army Cot

They are a great to sleep on. I used one for many years.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'd try it as it sure beats sleeping on the floor!..

I have a few, that friends use when staying over at college, I on the otherhand sleep on a 1942 dated us bunkbed while my books, food and military hats are stored on the top bunk...

Very cool cot. We've come across several but are either missing the end poles or material is in such dis-repair that we've passed on each one....but we are still looking! Growing up we have a couple of these, Viet-Nam era I am sure, that we took camping for me and my sister to sleep on..also had the 6 foot long air mattress my dad always refered to as a "rubber lady"

Russ

I slept on it last night as opposed to my air mattress. It was actually really comfortable!

Were these used in the field or only in barracks?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Were these used in the field or only in barracks?

I personally do not know however, I see re-entactors camps with them being used all the time. I guess I could call my dad and ask, he is a WWII vet that was stations in China near the end and post war....I'm sure they had tent like accomodations while there.