Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII U.S Ship Light

Article about: Hey Guys, im currently in south america and while i was going through my grandpas cabinet i found this. He claims it came off a WWII Merchant ship but i need more varification. Thanks Ryan

?

Default WWII U.S Ship Light

Hey Guys, im currently in south america and while i was going through my grandpas cabinet i found this. He claims it came off a WWII Merchant ship but i need more varification.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII U.S Ship Light   WWII U.S Ship Light  

WWII U.S Ship Light   WWII U.S Ship Light  

?

Default Re: WWII U.S Ship Light

Looks to fit the part the ones that I have seen are grey not sure why this is green possibly a repaint

?

Oh i oplogise its not green its just the light reflection from the sun cover that was over the back padio. Its all brass.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Ryan: It's a US Navy WWII 9S-53II-L Type J-1 Battle Lantern Like the one shown here. Dwight

WWII U.S Ship Light

?

Oh wow he was correct! Thank you so much dwight

Dwight beat me to it. I recognized it as a battle lantern. The newer ones are yellow plastic but still look almost the same.

Thanks
    Burt

?

My Grandpa was wondering how much this is currently worth because hes had it for almost 50 years.
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

If it works maybe 40 or 50 dollars

IMO I'm thinking about double that price in the US (retail). Anything nautical in this shape could easily get $100+or- a bit.

Burt

?

Oh ok thank you guys very much! He is very happy on finally knowing what it is!
    Thanks Again
    Ryan