Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII, US, M-2 Individual Jungle Medical Kit, absolutely mint and complete out of original box

Article about: Whenever I go to EBay or the other on-line auction sites I always look for Jungle first aid stuff. I have to sigh a few times when I see the M-2, Jungle kits with assorted contents that are

?

Default WWII, US, M-2 Individual Jungle Medical Kit, absolutely mint and complete out of original box

Whenever I go to EBay or the other on-line auction sites I always look for Jungle first aid stuff. I have to sigh a few times when I see the M-2, Jungle kits with assorted contents that are called "complete and original". The reason for this is that I own two M2 Jungle First Aide Kits that are unissued and came out of the original cardboard boxes and I am presenting one here for your inspection. FYI. I got each of these about 5 years ago off of EBay within a weeks time for $75 each and then I was really surprised that no one else was bidding on them. How often do they come up?

Both pouches, in both kits are ink stamped AVERY 1945 inside. The Frazers athletic foot solution have evaporated in each kit, leaving the empty bottle. Notice the green seal tapes still left around the caps of the Fazers Solution, Water purification tablets and the insect repellent. Well, gentlemen, correct me if I am wrong, but they just dont come any better than this.

WWII, US, M-2 Individual Jungle Medical Kit, absolutely mint and complete out of original boxWWII, US, M-2 Individual Jungle Medical Kit, absolutely mint and complete out of original box
    Last edited by rambob; 08-21-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Default Re: WWII, US, M-2 Individual Jungle Medical Kit, absolutely mint and complete out of original box

can't quite see but if it has the morphine kit as well you have done well. the morphine is usually missed out.

tom

?

Default Re: WWII, US, M-2 Individual Jungle Medical Kit, absolutely mint and complete out of original box

Tom, I have the contents list for this kit in my MED 6 catalog and the M-2 kit was not issued with morphine. The Airborne First Aid kit, with the cloth ties did have a syrette though.

Bob

sorry looked at wrong notes
    this is what should be in it:
    Items packaged in the M2 First Aid Kit. These included the following:

1 Battle dressing sealed in cellophane
    2 oz bottle of insect repellant
    1 1/2 oz bottle of Frazer's Solution
    Halazone tablets
    7 c.c. Tincture of Iodine
    50 Atabrine tablets
    1 package of 8 sulfadiazine tablets
    1 tourniquet

tom

WWII, US, M-2 Individual Jungle Medical Kit, absolutely mint and complete out of original box heres mine

tom

?

Tom, Take a look at my edited thread. Stupid me forgot to put the Atabrine tablets in the picture. Now the contents picture is complete.

BTW. Here is the M-2 content list right out of my 1944 dated MED 6 catalog so there is no doubt what goes in the kit.

WWII, US, M-2 Individual Jungle Medical Kit, absolutely mint and complete out of original box

Bob

i beleive that you got a good price i was fortunate to inherit mine but yours is definatly a good value well done

tom

?

Tom, Thanks for your interest. Since I bought these kits, I have been offered more than triple the original price I paid for just one of them. The supply obviously has dried up, which is why I always buy multiples of items I feel are unusual and special.

Bob

my rule is if you can get more than one get em (unless they are panzer berets):rolleyes

tom