Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)

Article about: I picked up this USN Phonograph from the vets son in law. He was given the phonograph in 1960 and never touched it. The arm was frozen solid and I had to do some work to fee it. Now it plays

Default WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)

I picked up this USN Phonograph from the vets son in law.
    He was given the phonograph in 1960 and never touched it.
    The arm was frozen solid and I had to do some work to fee it.
    Now it plays perfectly.
    Also the outside was kind of dirty from sitting in a garage but the inside was like new.
    Also I have a photo of the vet.
    After the USN phonograph are my two Army Phonographs.

- - ------- - -

Here is the USN Vet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)   WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)  

WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)   WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)  

WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)   WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)  

Here are the other phonos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)   WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas)  

Now the last one

Attached Images Attached Images WWII US Navy and US Army Phonographs (Victrolas) 

Beautiful condition, congratulations!! I've been looking for one of these in similar condition, but to no avail. BTW have you given "Ole Blue Eyes" a spin on this?

Mart

Giving this thread a bump.

Yes I have played Sinatra.
    I even have some V Discs to play on them.
    I really like these things.
    It is amazing when you play music on something using no electricity, just a little elbow grease.