MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit

Article about: is this legit...

Default WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit

is this legit...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit   WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit  

Attached Images Attached Images WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit  WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit  WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit 

Default Re: WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit

Also, are these lighters generally much smaller than modern zippos and much lighter....

Hi,

yes that's a Original WWII Zippo Lighter. Do you want sale it?

twintiger
    ?

it's a Black Crackle Zippo! Quite rare! The case is made of steel instead of brass as brass was a vital material restricted for military use (for ammo). As steel rusts easily, Zippo factory used black paint to solve this problem. And to make the paint stay good on the case, they baked the painted cases, so the final finish looks like tiny wrinkles and crackles, hence the name Black Crackle. Google "black crackle zippo" and you'll find that these good old stuffs are much sought after.

Congradulations on your Zippo. I purchased a reproduction back in 1994 as Zippo made a commemerative edition with a brass shield on the front which has the black crackle paint. I still have it but should have left it in unused condition as it may have collector value someday. A fine keep D day keepsake.

That's a nice lighter, I've owned many Zippo's over the years and loved 'em! Except when they leak in your jeans pocket and your skin turns a blotchy red that is....

Anyhoo, here's a useful site for Zippo fans that I've used many times, it's pretty good!

Chat & Comments

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned, Thanks for that link it's great. Here is my quick Zippo ID chart................Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit   WWII Zippo Lighter--Legit  

argentum
    ?

Hi i am new here and I need help ..i have a one zippo and I dont know is it original or fake..could you help me please? My email is vedran.caktas77@gmail.com...so if you have got time i ll send you some pictures I ve be gratefull...p.s sorry on my english.

?

argentum you should remove your personal email address and ask members to PM you instead or you may get spammed to death as this is an open public forum.

Regards Mark

Quote by argentum View Post
    Hi i am new here and I need help ..i have a one zippo and I dont know is it original or fake..could you help me please? My email is vedran.caktas77@gmail.com...so if you have got time i ll send you some pictures I ve be gratefull...p.s sorry on my english.
    Welcome to WRF argentum ,

Try checking out the link I supplied above in post #6. All you need to know is there. Alternatively you could post the photo's here, but please use the forum uploader.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.