Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL

Article about: Hello my friends, My good friend trying to sell this rare piece. But many people trying to tarnish his reputation. They all shouts "fake"Please be honest as you can and provide som

Exclamation 1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL

Hello my friends,

My good friend trying to sell this rare piece. But many people trying to tarnish his reputation. They all shouts "fake"Please be honest as you can and provide some opinion about this dog tg. I found same example in the book - "Die Erkennungsmarken der SS-Einheiten" by Hinrichs Dohse

Please need evidences, opinions and info. Please state your opinion. My opinion is based on my expirience and my opinion is that all dog tags from this post are 100% original. Please share your share your thoughts please. Thank you

1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL

1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL
    P
    Many

I can only speak for myself and say that I have never seen any tags (erkennungsmarken) stamped this way before. Reminds me of the SS "clothing tags" that pop up now and then but even those are, to me, somewhat dubious... no idea on how trustworthy your book source is... So, wait for others to chime in ---

?

Thumbs down

I've been looking at/collecting dog tags for 40 yrs and I do not remember ever seeing one reverse stamped like that!
    IF it was $10 I'd buy it as a neat example of a Fake EKM.
    Sarge

?

I have seen many of these and once in a while in a collection or on a website I see one like this,

The one I posted is an obvious fake witch makes all of the others seem like they could be fake as well. I have been told this style was original, but I have never ever seen a ground dug example and I have seen a lot of TK tags. So this style is not for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL  

?

Here are pics of dug example....

Jan1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL1/14 SS-T.J.R dog tag - Original/Fake (need opinions/info for very important case) - discussion for ALL

I have never collected dog tags, but considering the owner and source of This tag, I would be inclined to believe that it is genuine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello ,

just because none yet such a brand has found is it they have not given ?

No good argument . ;-)

Nevertheless , for me an original .
    There were these brands .

The unit , there were only a few weeks , but the marks were made very costly .

The SS Totenkopf Infantry Regiment emerged from the Totenkopfstandarte 14 . After a few weeks there has been only SS Infantry Regiment .

The images shown in the said book are all trustworthy!

I don't see anyone saying that these could not have existed merely because any one collector have not encountered anything similar before... you shouldn't twist words. All that's been said is more or less "too unusual, not for me" or "need some additional info/proof". BIG difference.
    As noted, these are highly unusual... don't you agree? That is not to say fake, of course --- but any rational collector would reserve a healthy amount of skepticism until proven otherwise when encountering such relative anomalies. Seems this example may well be good. New thing learned here... must be extremely rare.

Did you dig the one you posted yourself, Jan S?

Hi, I think you're right . A very unusual brand !

This type of stamping I have some other brands already seen .

Certainly a first for me --- thanks for the info so far, very interesting! Do you have any info on where these are known to have been found? Can't be too many out there...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast