Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1/Bau 131

Article about: Hello guys, I just want to show you my latest addition... I found in my town, at the place I already left few years ago. Showing it in dug conditions. Jan

?

Default 1/Bau 131

1/Bau 131

Hello guys, I just want to show you my latest addition... I found in my town, at the place I already left few years ago. Showing it in dug conditions.

Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1/Bau 131
    P
    Many

?

1/Bau 131

This is the shape after brass brush cleaning.... 1. Kompanie Bau Bataillon 131, here is the story of unit:
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht

?

1/Bau 131

And here is the whole family of ID tags from the same place - other two from Bau 131 and 2 +1/2 of Freiw. A.V.A 519
    Enjoy

?

These fellows probably knew each other and worked together building things.

?

1/Bau 1311/Bau 131

Hello friends,

here is ID tag I found last Saturday.... To my surprise 15km from above shown examples 1/Bau Btl.131 this is 4. Kp. of the same Bataillon! I wonder what was the meaning of "/U" but Lexikon mentions it was in 1942 redesignated to "Bau Bataillon (Ukraine) 131"... So and now I do not know why it is marked "FRW" if it already consist of native Ukrainians? Any idea?

Thanks,
    Jan

?

FRW (freiwilliger) is Foreign volunteer of his free will. the way the disk is crudely inscribed FRW/U i would guess he was Ukrainian.