MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1./J.Ers.Btl.480 Disc

Article about: I picked this up a while ago and I am looking to see if this is a good tag and any other information about the unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default 1./J.Ers.Btl.480 Disc

I picked this up a while ago and I am looking to see if this is a good tag and any other information about the unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1./J.Ers.Btl.480 Disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1./J.Ers.Btl.480 Disc
    P
    Many

?

It is a good zinc erkennungsmarke. 1st Company of Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon 480, rollnumber 1991 and bloodtype B.

Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 480 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Regards, Rik

Quote by Dschop View Post
    It is a good zinc erkennungsmarke. 1st Company of Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon 480, rollnumber 1991 and bloodtype B.

Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 480 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Regards, Rik
    Thanks and I wish I had this soldiers ID papers to see where he was placed. All I know is this tag came out of a U.S. Army veterans estate. I couldn’t get any more information than that.
    Last edited by muddyboots; 08-29-2019 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Adjust

?

If you look at this Unit on the lexikon that Rik linked it shows that one of the units it was sending replacements to was the 271 Infantry division

This was the only parent unit that served in the West and was in Normandie and Falaise.

Yes, a good one. The owner was in the unit prior to late 1942 when it was then renamed as a Grenadier Ersatz Bataillon.