Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

16 SS ,22 ss id discs

Article about: hello gentlmen i have a project to buy this 3 id dics real? fake? Your opinions please! and some idea about a price..if it's possible.. Many thanks at advance! 16.SS Division Reichsführer? (

?

Default 16 SS ,22 ss id discs

hello gentlmen
    i have a project to buy this 3 id dics
    real? fake?
    Your opinions please!
    and some idea about a price..if it's possible..

Many thanks at advance!

16.SS Division Reichsführer? (other side:waffen-ss)
    22. SS-Freiwilligen-Kavallerie-Division Maria Theresa?
    and third..no idea..ss kavalerie abt. ...but no number..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 16 SS ,22 ss id discs   16 SS ,22 ss id discs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 16 SS ,22 ss id discs
    P
    Many

Default Re: 16 SS ,22 ss id discs

The bottom ID disc is for the SS-Art. Ausb.u.Ers. Rgt. I have a ID disc from this SS-Art. A.u.E. Rgt., but it's for the 9 battr.(stamped with SS, not runes). WAFFEN SS (with runes) is stamped on the obverse on my ID disc, too. The fonts are different on my ID disc, but it's for another battr., so that would be correct. The middle ID disc might be for the SS-Kavallerieschule Gottingen, and the LG stamped after ABT could translate as Lehr Gottingen. The third ID disc could be a field issue type erkennungsmarke, but I'm really not sure, as I've never seen an original disc for this SS div. As far as value is concerned, it can vary from collector to collector, so I can't give you a dollar amount for any of the discs. These are zinc discs, correct? Hopefully, you can get some detailed input from other erkennungsmarke collectors with more knowledge of these discs than I can provide for you.

?

All is good tags, there is nothing extremelly rare. IMO the halfs is approx 30 eur, full up to 100 eur. If that will be named for some interesting regiments, then it will more valuable. For example I buy last year SS Kavalerie tag for 30 eur- very cheap
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

abtlg- means abteilung
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by GOTZVONB View Post
    The middle ID disc might be for the SS-Kavallerieschule Gottingen, and the LG stamped after ABT could translate as Lehr Gottingen.
    The easiest reason we can tell 'ABTLG.' is just 'Abteilung' is is all one word is that there are dots after each abbreviation. It's not the most common abbreviation, but it isn't super rare either.

@inxis:

The first one is clear, but neither of the other two is from any field unit- they're both the most general replacement units possible, so soldiers trained there could have gone to any SS field unit.

They are SS-Kavallerie-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Abteilung (SS-Cavalry Training and Replacement Detachment)

And the 16 of the second disc is just a Batterie number, not a large unit number- so it's 16. Batterie, SS-Artillerie-Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Regiment (16th Battery, SS- Artillery Training and Replacement Regiment)
    Last edited by Matt L; 10-17-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

thank you mes amis!