Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 more arrived today

Article about: Ah, so it is like a transport Kolonne- cool; thansk Stacez

Default 2 more arrived today

Thoughts?

Thanks, guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 more arrived today   2 more arrived today  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 more arrived today
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2 more arrived today

Very interesting. the A.V.Tr/ s.A (m) 526 is an obscure one- it seems to be Artillerie-Vermeßungstrupp, schwere (Artillerie) Abteilung (motorisiert) 526 [Artillery surveying troop, heavy artillerie detachment (motorized) 526]; strangely though that unit isn't listed as being motorized.

The other one is pretty cool because although the text appears the same, it's veeeery subtly different- the curl of the '5' is slightly tighter on one, the long curve of the '2' is slightly longer too, so the stamp sets seem to have been made by the same craftsman, but they're not identical. I would think it has to be the same unit, although it's marking is odd- I would think that the '2.' indicates the 2nd Batterie, but '1. A. K.' has me stumped. It's not Armee-Korps because that doesn't make sense and they were numbered with Roman numerals. It's not 1. Abteilung, Kanone 2 because the unit used 15cm schwere-Feldhaubitzen (heavy howitzers, not cannons), and an Abteilung wasn't divided into Abteilungen), plus the 2. would preceed the K if it were '2nd cannon) anyway. I don't have a decent idea of what it might be really...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Very interesting. the A.V.Tr/ s.A (m) 526 is an obscure one- it seems to be Artillerie-Vermeßungstrupp, schwere (Artillerie) Abteilung (motorisiert) 526 [Artillery surveying troop, heavy artillerie detachment (motorized) 526]; strangely though that unit isn't listed as being motorized.

The other one is pretty cool because although the text appears the same, it's veeeery subtly different- the curl of the '5' is slightly tighter on one, the long curve of the '2' is slightly longer too, so the stamp sets seem to have been made by the same craftsman, but they're not identical. I would think it has to be the same unit, although it's marking is odd- I would think that the '2.' indicates the 2nd Batterie, but '1. A. K.' has me stumped. It's not Armee-Korps because that doesn't make sense and they were numbered with Roman numerals. It's not 1. Abteilung, Kanone 2 because the unit used 15cm schwere-Feldhaubitzen (heavy howitzers, not cannons), and an Abteilung wasn't divided into Abteilungen), plus the 2. would preceed the K if it were '2nd cannon) anyway. I don't have a decent idea of what it might be really...
    Thanks, Matt! Do you think they're legit? Seller said they were found in the Courland pocket

?

Oh sure, they're good- and it was a sort of training unit so guys could easily have gone on to real field artillery units; you might be able to work out possibilities by checking to see what ones were there.

Oh sure, they're good- and it was a sort of training unit so guys could easily have gone on to real field artillery units; you might be able to work out possibilities by checking to see what ones were there.
    I'm sure those training units saw some action. It was probably all hands on deck. Thank you for all the help!!!

?

Hello,
    I don't have a decent idea of what it might be really...
    Matt, it will be:
    1. A. K. 2./ 526 = 1. Artillerie-Kolonne 2. (Batterie)/ (schwere Artillerie-Abteilung) 526 - 1st artillery column/ 2nd battery/ 526th heavy artillery detachment

?

I was hoping you might know Stacez What is an Artillerie Kolonne exactly? I've never encountered that as a subdivision of a small unit so have no idea of its nature; since sArt.Abt. 526 is supposed to have had only 3 Batterien, it seems unnecessary to subdivide it at all above the Batterie level and below the Abteilung level...

Thanks for your input, Stacez! You and Matt are always most helpful!

?

What is an Artillerie Kolonne exactly? I've never encountered that as a subdivision of a small unit so have no idea of its nature; since sArt.Abt. 526 is supposed to have had only 3 Batterien, it seems unnecessary to subdivide it at all above the Batterie level and below the Abteilung level...
    Light artillery columns were transport units used primarily for carrying ammunition. They were mostly mechanized and varying considerably in size and strength.
    In schwere Artillerie-Abteilung each battery had its light artillery column with capacity 28 t each.
    In leichte Artillerie-Abteilung was only one light artillery column for entire detachment (capacity 36 t).

Great information guys! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast